NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities
- Fun and engaging environment, with a friendly team
- Work across state of the art Aquatic & Leisure Facilities
- Manage and lead a team of specialists
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney's five Iconic Aquatic and fitness leisure centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Fitness and Aquatic Centre, Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Swimming Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool)
The City of Sydney Aquatic Centre's play a pivotal role in support the City of Sydney's Sustainable Sydney 2030 strategy- Green Global Connected:
- Green-Outstanding Environmental Performance
- Global-International Gateway & Global City
- Connected-Easy navigation through various transit routes throughout the city
Attracting 1.8 million annual attendances, with more 10,000 membership subscriptions, the Centres an important role in connecting the Citys residents, workers and visitors to a diversified mix of industry leading recreational pursuits.
The primary focus of the City of Sydney Business Partner is to manage a team of specialists to support business objectives to ensure we provide an excellent service for the entire community and deliver on the 2030 vision. The role will also represent the central HR services of Belgravia Leisure directly managing the Group HR Plan incorporating the recruitment, on-boarding, induction, and training processes for all City of Sydney sites with Belgravia Leisure operations.
- Act as the first point of contact for the region’s business specialists, administering and maintaining centralised HR processes, including but not limited to, recruitment, employment, performance management, remuneration, termination, career development and training. Ensuring this in line with Belgravia Leisure & City of Sydney deliverable requirements.
- Lead, coach, train and engage a team of specialists responsible for strategy improvement and compliance in the region, within City of Sydney and Belgravia Leisure requirements (including but not limited to marketing, finance, sustainability, community engagement)
- Work closely with the City of Sydney Operations Manager to assist the Centre Managers in delivering all operational requirements within the contract framework
- Provide accurate and timely advice to supervisors and managers on HR or other employment matters as required, ensuring that the supervisors or managers have the tools and knowledge to deliver on the contract deliverable requirements
- Develop and implement the Group HR Plan, approved by the Regional Manager, and renewed annually, for all of the City of Sydney aquatic facilities managed by Belgravia Leisure.
- Prepare reports and recommendations to Belgravia Leisure management where processes and procedures could be improved (including but not limited to HR).
- Delivery of the quarterly new employee induction program for the region in line with City of Sydney and Belgravia Leisure requirements
- Delivery of quarterly staff newsletter for the region
- Delivery of twice per annum staff climate surveys
- Other projects or work as directed by Regional Manager, City of Sydney
- Graduate qualifications in HR or business or progress towards qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training, preferably in human resource management and service delivery
- Demonstrated experience providing advice and guidance across a range of short term operational HR matters and long term HR solutions
- A detailed knowledge of relevant employment legislation, including relevant Acts (including but not limited to the Fair Work Act), Regulations and Standards
- Extensive leadership skills in building and maintaining an engaged or high performing team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an ability to produce high quality, professional documentation.
- Knowledge of workforce issues facing the aquatic facility management environment
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking "Apply Now"
Applications close COB 15th November 2019
The position description for this role can be downloaded via the link to the right of the screen once you have clicked on the "Apply Now" button.
Please ensure you submit a combined resume and cover letter, addressing each of the essential criteria.
Please note- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.