- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly people who enjoy delighting our members and visitors and leave lasting positive impressions.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Belgravia Leisure is proud to partner with the City of Greater Bendigo to bring the Gurri Wanyarra Wellbeing Centre to the Bendigo community.
Gurri Wanyarra means 'kangaroo waterhole' in the language of Bendigo's Traditional Owners, the Dja Dja Wurrung.
The state-of-the-art facility opened October 26th 2019 and offers a range of year-round aquatic, leisure and wellness programs for people of all ages and abilities.
The $31 million facility will feature:
- an eight-lane, 50-metre indoor pool
- a heated indoor warm water program pool
- a spa and sauna
- a children's splash park
- a learn to swim program pool for children and adults
- a fully equipped gymnasium with group exercise and personal training facilities
- multipurpose rooms designed to provide selected allied health and wellbeing services
- a café to refuel and refresh.
All pools are heated and are fully accessible, and we will offer inclusive swim lessons for children and adults with a disability. Our health club will cater for adults and teens of all fitness levels, including seniors, people with rehabilitation needs or are living with a disability.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable and friendly lifeguards to join the team. Our lifeguards will be responsible for the Day to Day Pool Operations within our facility and ensure that all areas both in and surrounding our pools is a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons.
You will have a passion for safety around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit every time.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- National Police Check
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
- Current Pool Operations Certificate is not essential but highly regarded
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in an aquatic and leisure environment, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we'll be in touch.