QLD, Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex - Mackay 4740
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Attractive remuneration + free club access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend classes
- Multiple positions available
This is a great opportunity for qualified lifeguards who value water safety, love working with people, who want to keep the community safe in our facilities.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Scheduled for a February opening, Belgravia Leisure is now seeking to hire a number of motivated and strong team members for this brand new facility on behalf of the Mackay Regional Council.
The Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex (MARC) is currently under construction and will become the flag ship Aquatic & Leisure facility for the Mackay Region. Featuring an outdoor 50-meter pool to FINA competition standards, outdoor covered 25-meter pool, enclosed warm water programs pool and adjacent to the Aquatic facility is a competition standard athletics track.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable and friendly lifeguards to join the team. Our lifeguards will be responsible for the Day to Day Pool Operations within our facility and ensure that all areas both in and surrounding our pools is a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons.
You will have a passion for safety around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure our patrons safely enjoy their visit every time.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Blue Card
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
- Current Pool Operations Certificate is not essential but highly regarded
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health training environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.