QLD, Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex - Mackay 4740
- Free facility access
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
This is a great opportunity for an Athletics Duty Manager who has experience in track and field and loves working with people, to provide leadership and coaching to our team.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Scheduled for a February opening, Belgravia Leisure is now seeking to hire a number of motivated and strong team members for this brand new facility on behalf of the Mackay Regional Council.
The Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex (MARC) is currently under construction and will become the flag ship Aquatic & Leisure facility for the Mackay Region. Featuring an outdoor 50-meter pool to FINA competition standards, outdoor covered 25-meter pool, enclosed warm water programs pool and adjacent to the Aquatic facility is a competition standard athletics track.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Athletics Duty Manager to join the team, primarily to oversee the safety, evacuation and operation of the entire athletics centre in the absence of the Centre Manager and to direct the day to day activities of the ground maintenance, ground set up, equipment maintenance, equipment set up and workplace health and safety of the athletics facility. We have multiple positions on offer including full time and part time.
- Complete all daily operational and asset checklist for the Athletics Centre and additional tasks as set by the Operations Coordinator/Centre Manager
- Maintain compliance with all safe work methods and risk management procedures by routinely checking all areas of the facility
- Maintain operations within legislative guidelines
- Provide leadership and direction to all staff on duty
- Ability to work split shifts, which may include working early mornings, late evenings and/or weekends.
You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with athletes that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong leadership experience with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- Knowledge of the industry
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Blue Card (National Police Check & Working with Children Check)
- Athletics Australia Coaching Accreditation
- Athletics Australia Officiating Accreditation
- Experience in a groundskeeper / maintenance role
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health, wellness and aquatic environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.