QLD, Caboolture Regional Aquatic Leisure Centre - Burpengary 4505
- Free club access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance
- Full time position
This is a great opportunity for a competitive, dedicated and passionate swimming squad coach looking to take their career to the next level!
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Belgravia Leisure are proud to be the management company for the Caboolture Regional Aquatic Leisure Centre which the Moreton Bay Regional Council recently awarded a $5.4 million tender to refurbish the centre. The works are due to be completed by early 2019.
The centre consists of many facilities including a 50 mt outdoor pool and a 25mt indoor pool, tennis courts, beach volleyball, modern, state of the art gymnasium, cafe, an enclosed children's play area and childcare centre.
The Swim Squad Coach develops training plans that show progression for swimmers through the levels and effectively lead the team of instructors to develop the program and pathway from the Swimming and Water Safety program.
You enjoy swimming, love working with children through to adult athletes and want to teach the skills and attributes of competitive swimming and water safety to others.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities and needs. Demonstrating the ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a capacity to deliver the following essential skills:
- Effectively lead a team to develop the program and pathway to achieve the outcomes
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operations of the squad program within company and legislative guidelines.
- Actively promote the squad program and participation in the affiliated Swimming Club.
- Ensure that you are adequately qualified for the program you are delivering and all squad activities are conducted in a safe manner in a safe environment, as per the company guidelines.
- Monitor Progression of swimmers through the squad program and work with the Swimming and Water Safety program to identify talented swimmers and encourage participation in the squad program.
- In conjunction with the squad program, encourage participation in and conduct all swimming competitions in a safe manner in a safe environment.
You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and attend competitions throughout the year and must be empathetic to the needs of the swimming and water safety program and other user groups in the facility.
- Teacher of Competitive Swimming / Competitive Strokes
- Bronze level Qualification - Preferred
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Valid Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role
- Excellent verbal communication skills
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in an aquatic and leisure environment, we want to hear from you!