- Casual positions
- Social and fun work environment
- Free facility access
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
We're currently seeking enthusiastic Childcare Educators to provide a safe
and educational program for the children of our members and patrons.
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Belgravia Leisure is proud to partner with the City of Greater Bendigo to bring the Gurri Wanyarra Wellbeing Centre to the Bendigo community.
Gurri Wanyarra means ‘kangaroo waterhole’ in the language of Bendigo’s Traditional Owners, the Dja Dja Wurrung.
The state-of-the-art facility opened 26 October 2018 and offers a range of year-round aquatic, leisure and wellness programs for people of all ages and abilities.
The $31 million facility will feature:
- an eight-lane, 50-metre indoor pool
- a heated indoor warm water program pool
- a spa and sauna
- a children’s splash park
- a learn to swim program pool for children and adults
- a fully equipped gymnasium with group exercise and personal training facilities
- multipurpose rooms designed to provide selected allied health and wellbeing services
- a café to refuel and refresh.
All pools are heated and are fully accessible, and we will offer inclusive swim lessons for children and adults with a disability. Our health club will cater for adults and teens of all fitness levels, including seniors, people with rehabilitation needs or are living with a disability.
The Childcare Educator will support the Childcare Co-ordinator to deliver children’s educational programs and related services for the benefit of the community, staff and company. Ensuring a safe operation which meets the needs and interests of all children. Childcare operates from 9am to 12pm, Monday to Friday and caters for children aged 6 weeks to school age.
Meet the needs of each child in a timely manner and develop relationships with their parents
Contribute to the planning of a safe, educative and age-appropriate education program
Adhere to legislative requirements
Complete Incident Reports and assist in investigations of incidents and accidents
Comply with the Centre/Club Emergency Plan requirements
Implement Safety, Health, Risk and Environmental policies and procedures
Skills & Attributes:
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and creative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Certificate III in Children’s Services (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of the Children’s Services Regulations
- Relevant experience working with children
- Working With Children Check
- Senior First Aid & CPR
- Current Police Check
- Anaphylaxis Management Training
- Asthma Management Training (preferred but not essential)
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health and fitness environment, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.