QLD, Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex - Mackay 4740
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly people who enjoy delighting our members and visitors and leave lasting positive impressions
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to
Scheduled for a February opening, Belgravia Leisure is now seeking to hire a number of motivated and strong team members for this brand new facility on behalf of the Mackay Regional Council.
The Mackay Aquatic Recreation Complex (MARC) is currently under construction and will become the flag ship Aquatic & Leisure facility for the Mackay Region. Featuring an outdoor 50-meter pool to FINA competition standards, outdoor covered 25-meter pool, enclosed warm water programs pool and adjacent to the Aquatic facility is a competition standard athletics track.
Our Customer Service Officers are the heart of our business providing important services such as Reception, Merchandising and sales to our members, casual users and potential new members in accordance with our established operational routines and procedures. The primary responsibility of our Customer Service Officers is to deliver first class services to our customers ensuring it’s in line our Mission, Vision and Values. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both in person and over the telephone
- Apply sound cash handling principals and use of Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Provide customers inquiring about memberships with information and have the knowledge to sell memberships when a person joins or renews
- Promote the centres services and programs to customers and accept customer bookings and enrolments
- Develop and maintain good working relations with customers
- Promote and exercise good public relations at all times
- Opening/closing of the centre in accordance with security and safety procedures.
Skills & Attributes:
- Positive, friendly, helpful and energetic work style
- Computer literacy, familiarity with software packages and point of sale systems
- Experience in the leisure industry is desirable.
- Current First Aid Certificate (Workplace Level 2).
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Blue card
Previous experience is a similar role is desirable, but candidates with a friendly attitude and a customer service mindset are encouraged to apply!
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a health, aquatics and leisure environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.