NSW, Singleton Leisure Facilities - Singleton 2330
- Lead a team
- Make a real difference to the community
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
We are looking for an up and coming people leader to coach, inspire and lead the team !
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Singleton Gym and Swim - 25m indoor pool heated pool, warm water program/teaching pool, wading pool, spa, sauna, 50m outdoor heated pool and leisure pool, gym and a group exercise room, spin studio, free weights and cardio areas, personal training space and creche. Other areas include large foyer and reception area, café and retail space and amenities.
Singleton Heights Sports Centre facilities include an indoor multi-sports hall, suitable for gymnastics, basketball, futsal, netball, volleyball and badminton, four squash courts, changing facilities and reception/kiosk with viewing area / café space to watch the squash courts.
Singleton is a vibrant and diverse regional town, located at the centre of the Hunter Valley, 200km North West of Sydney and 75km from Newcastle via the Hunter Expressway. With a population nearing 24,000, the healthy local economy of Singleton is supported by a diverse industrial base, skilled labour force and industry access to vital infrastructure. Singleton is also surrounded by the natural beauty of Lake St Clair, Mt Royal, Yengo and Wollemi National Parks.
Singleton is a progressive town with a range of community assets making it a wonderful lifestyle choice.
Belgravia Leisure are looking for an experienced facility and business development individual to manage the Singleton Gym and Swim Centre and the Singleton Heights Sports Centre. The successful candidate will become part of a regional team contributing to the exciting growth and development of the Hunter. The Manager will lead a passionate team in the delivery of exceptional customer experience at both the Singleton Gym and Swim Centre and the Singleton Heights Sports Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to lead the team to deliver exceptional customer experience on a full time fixed term basis across two significant community facilities.
Responsible for the management of these fantastic centres, the team at the centres and our local community, you are fully accountable for the operational, financial and program deliverables for both centres. You will develop and execute plans through engagement with the leadership team, key stakeholders and the local Council. With an experience in sales, financial and risk management, you will continue to drive the overall success of the centres.
- Actively engage with the local community, establish and build upon positive relationships with key stakeholders, increasing centre participation and access by ensuring both facilities meet the changing needs of the Singleton Community.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with local Council
- Implement a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
You will be a up and coming leader, who drives with vision and energy. You are passionate about leisure, wanting to join a growing organisation. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams into business actions. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- National Police Check (dated 1st June onward)
- Working with Children Check
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Extensive experience (4 to 5 years) in Centre Management
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and wants to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Click the Apply Now button !!