VIC, BK Gym - Craigieburn 3064
- Be part of something new and exciting
- Great workplace flexibility
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
This is a great opportunity for passionate and friendly coach who enjoys working with children and building skills in gymnastics and life
BK Gym is the latest venture for the Belgravia Group and the realisation of a clear goal from Belgravia founder, CEO and Chair, Geoff Lord:
"To positively impact the lives of a million Australian Children
each year through physical activity".
Over recent years, a more sedentary lifestyle and significant population growth in our major cities have led to a rise in obesity and a worrying lack of basic physical skills. The result is that today’s kids may be the first generation with a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
BK facilities and programs will be tailored to the needs of the communities in which they are located and will include gymnastics facilities for ‘Learn to Move’ programs and swim centres for ‘Learn to Swim’ programs. They will focus particularly on programs for children aged between 1 and 12 years old, but can be expanded to encompass a wide range of other activities, depending on the specific community needs.
The Gymnastics programs will provide the foundation of this physical literacy and, with a customised facility model and authentic gymnastics programs including Kinder Gym, Gym Fun, Gym Skills and FreeG Kids, and Australian Levels Programs for Men’s and Women’s Artistic Gymnastics.
While we have established BK Gym Hoppers Crossing and BK Swim & Gym Noble Park, we now have a third facility which will be based in the northern suburb of Craigieburn. At our BK centres, customers will experience a friendly and warm atmosphere with coaches that will guide and encourage them.
You will adapt lesson plans and coach a variety of gymnastics programs in a safe, positive and fun environment for participants. You will require a Gymnastics Australia Beginner Coaching accreditation.
Want to become a gymnastics coach?
We are willing to work with individuals who are not yet qualified but are interested in becoming gymnastics coaches. We are currently developing an incentive program that will see you gain experience and the accreditation you need to succeed in this role. Ask us about it.
Skills & Attributes:
- You must love working with kids and making a positive impact on their lives
- Energetic people skills
- Enthusiasm and a passion for developing others
- Friendly and open communicator
- A results focused team player
- An understanding of the value of physical literacy and the need to be active through gymnastics activities
- Beginner/Intermediate/Intermediate GFA/Advanced - Coach Accreditation
- Current Gymnastics Australia Technical Membership
- Annually updating Gymnastics accreditation in accordance with Gymnastics Australia technical membership requirements.
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in the sport & leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.