NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free facility access
- Opportunity to make a real difference to our community
- Full-time fixed term role
We are looking for an individual that shows leadership, is friendly and passionate about delivering the Belgravia & City of Sydney Diversity Strategy
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group proudly manage the City of Sydney's five Iconic Aquatic and fitness leisure centres (Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Cook and Phillip Park Fitness and Aquatic Centre, Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Pool, Victoria Park Swimming Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool)
The City of Sydney Aquatic Centre's play a pivotal role in support the City of Sydney's Sustainable Sydney 2030 strategy- Green Global Connected:
- Green-Outstanding Environmental Performance
- Global-International Gateway & Global City
- Connected-Easy navigation through various transit routes throughout the city
Attracting 1.8 million annual attendances, with more 10,000 membership subscriptions, the Centres an important role in connecting the City's residents, workers and visitors to a diversified mix of industry leading recreational pursuits. As part of our commitment to Connecting Community to leisure our objective is to provide equitable access to affordable community facilities, programs and services to deliver centres that are diverse, welcoming and inclusive.
We are seeking a full-time fixed term Community Engagement Coordinator to work across the City of Sydney Aquatic Centres. The role will oversee the day to day implementation of the Belgravia Leisure Disability and Diversity Strategy within the City of Sydney Centres and will be responsible for the development of programs and initiatives to promote accessibility and participation amongst those that have been marginalised from such opportunities. Additionally, the role will supervise one direct report, Aquatic Inclusion Officer, providing leadership and direction.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, City of Sydney, the purpose of the Community Engagement Coordinator is to build meaningful and lasting relationships within the City of Sydney to service and support community needs, including but not limited to: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, multicultural people, international students and LGBTIQ+.
- Lead Community Engagement Function including Aquatic Inclusion Officer.
- Manage all City of Sydney reporting expectations, including monthly, quarterly and year-end.
- Deliver the agreed Community Engagement objectives as outlined in the 2019/2020 Belgravia Leisure Business Plan for City of Sydney.
- Hold key stakeholders relationships within CoS and community organisations.
- Be the key contact for CoS events: Yabun Festival and Fair Day.
- Lead accreditation program with White Ribbon and ACON.
- Promote Diversity & Inclusion across all of CoS key functions: HR, Marketing, Memberships, Finance, Customer Service, and Sustainability.
- Actively seek opportunities to partner with employment agencies to hire those from underrepresented communities.
Employees at our City of Sydney sites have an active role to play in the Workplace Health and Safety program at all facilities.
- National Police Check
- NSW working with Children's check
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR
The nature of the position may require the individual to work beyond normal working hours.
Travel across City of Sydney venues regularly.
Ensure you provide a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and accompanying resume. .
Applications Close: 2nd June 2019