NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
- Free club access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance
- Full time position
Belgravia Health and Leisure Group is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. It continues to grow, diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $100m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
The City of Sydney Aquatic Facilities of Ian Thorpe Aquatic & Fitness Centre, Cook & Phillip Park Aquatic & Fitness Centre, Victoria Park Pool, Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool are a combination of indoor and outdoor swimming pools all within the City of Sydney Council Area.
Belgravia Leisure and City of Sydney Aquatic Club (COSAC) are looking at adding another coach to their team. You will be training COSAC athletes in Sydney’s iconic facilities.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and friendly Squad Coach to join the team across all of the City of Sydney sites. We are seeking applicants who enjoy swimming, love working with children through to young adult athletes and want to teach the skills and attributes of competitive swimming and water safety to others.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs. Demonstrating the ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team. You will develop training plans that show progression for swimmers through the levels from the Swimming and Water Safety program. In addition, you will also; Develop and conduct training plans, increase participation in all squads and actively promote the squad program.
You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends across multiple sites and attend competitions throughout the year. You must be empathetic to the needs of the swimming and water safety program and other user groups in the facility.
Salary negotiable based on experience, skills and knowledge.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong knowledge of all aspects of swimming technique
- Have a background in squad program session planning and implementation
- Provide the right balance of discipline and performance focus, while still maintaining the fun and enjoyment aspect of the sport of swimming
- Be an excellent communicator with children and adults
- Have a friendly, approachable disposition
The coach also supports the club through active participation in our clubs nights, swim meets, committee meetings and other club activities.
- Providing a strong focus on technique improvement
- Attending specified swim meets
- Working closely with our competitive swim club committee for the betterment of body DLSA and the club
- Usual AM and PM on deck coaching time
- Conduct workshops with other DLSA Coaches and Teachers from time to time
The following qualification/experience is required for the role:
- ASCTA Bronze License of above
- Current working with children check
- Current CPR and First Aide Certificate
- Current Police Check
- Coaching experience in both pool and open water swimming
- Athlete Swimming background
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.