QLD, Memorial Swim Centre & Pioneer Swim Centre - Mackay 4740
- Lead a team
- Make a real difference to the community
- Great opportunity with a growing and entrepreneurial organisation
We are looking for a hands on leader, inspire and lead the teams !
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 150 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth, and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
Memorial Swim Centre
An amazing site which boasts a number of facilities including a heated 50 metre by 8 lane Olympic heated outdoor pool, Heated toddler pool and a large grounds area which is ideal for family picnics.
Pioneer Swim Centre
Containing a heated 50 metre by 8 lane Olympic outdoor pool, this site is a family favourite among the local community. Also available is a toddler pool with interactive water play equipment, an undercover grandstand - ideal for large events and swimming carnivals and well as a large shaded areas and tables with seating.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Centre Manager to lead the team at two of our centres in Mackay and to deliver exceptional customer experience. You will be responsible for the management and operation of Memorial Swim Centre and Pioneer Swim Centre, the team at both centres and the local communities. You will be fully accountable for both centres operational, financial and program deliverables.
You will be an experienced aquatics operator, who drives with vision and energy. You are passionate about aquatic programs and connecting community to leisure. You will be able to share insights into how you have successfully shaped high performance teams into business actions. You can easily articulate the link between employee engagement and exceptional business performance.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Blue Card: National Police Check & Working with Children Check
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and/or extensive experience (4 to 5 years) in Centre Management
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and wants to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
To submit your application, please click on the "apply" button and provide your resume and cover letter.